I have been in hardcore nesting mode. 0-3 month clothes are washed, folded and put away. The infant carseat has been washed and the straps have been re-situated to accommodate a wee one. I put them through the shortest slits and looked at Doug and asked, "doesn't this look too small?" and he reminded me that newborns are in fact small. I think I forgot. I am researching double strollers as I am already anticipating getting out of this house come Spring for walks {cabin fever!!}. And debating about buying an Ergo Baby carrier, but they are so expensive and someone pointed out that the baby/toddler can only face in {not out}. What if I end up with a kid who wants to face out and so am only able to use it for a few months. Is it worth the $$ spent? I do have a Moby wrap and a Bjorn {which I wasn't a fan of; I had a lot of back pain after Audrey was born and the Bjorn was super uncomfortable so I barely used it}.
![]() |
| 28 wks, 4 days |
![]() |
| 33 wks, 5 days |
We have the bassinet all set up in our room and the bedding is washed and ready to go. I went to our local co-op and stocked up on Mother's Milk tea, Fenugreek and the ingredients needed to make these Lactation Cookies that were recommended when I had Audrey. I will be making a double batch and freezing them so that they are on hand when the babe arrives. I bought a new nursing bra and nursing cover {I only had to pay S&H; I picked Porter} as well as Lanolin for those first few weeks. I am thinking positive about breastfeeding being a success {all the while, knowing, I may need to alter my plan should it not work}.
I am working on my hospital list of things to pack as I think about it {I forgot my glasses when I went in with Audrey, talk about blurry vision!!} and we're in the process of figuring out our plan for what to do with Audrey and our dogs. Oh, our dogs. *Sigh* They always seem to be the one factor that is impossible to figure out. We were trying to get Audrey transitioned to a toddler bed, but after my last post we decided to put her crib back together over the weekend. She seemed pretty excited to have it back and has resumed her excellent sleeping habits which has convinced me that she just wasn't ready yet. Now that we are all getting better sleep, I feel much more human again. Minus the pregnancy hormones. We are, also, all feeling much better sick-wise...finally. I just hope we can keep it up the next couple of months. I would hate to be sick while trying to deliver and/or bringing a baby home to a house full of illness.
My next appointment is in two weeks and I have to decide if I want to attempt a water-birth {at the hospital, of course}. When I delivered Audrey it wasn't an option, but apparently now it is! I am intrigued and have been doing a little bit of research on it. The website I included above is actually the website for the midwives I see through Fairview Riverside Clinic. I guess we shall see. I would like to attempt to have an au naturel birth again and I hear warm water is ah-ma-zing for pain management and provides "comfort" through pushing.
To the little one nestled in my belly: stay in there for just a while longer. Momma has some things to finish before you arrive! Plus, if you are my last hoorah I want to cherish every. single. minute. from here on out. Love, Mommy
I watched the first of two documentaries produced by Ricki Lake last night and then preceded to have dreams of giving birth all night long. I can't believe we're so close to the finish line!


No comments:
Post a Comment