My goodness, if possible time moves even faster with the second kid. It makes me a bit sad to think we are only four months away from her first birthday {and let's not mention how I've been terrible at writing updates}, but we have been having so much fun with this peanut. First off, she's crawling, crawling, crawling! She actually started crawling just a few days shy of 7 months {a bit earlier than Audrey} AND like Audrey, she started pulling up on furniture at the same time. She is now moving around furniture {just as Audrey was at this age}. How did I end up with such advanced children? Not that I'm complaining...my girls, they are so smart and funny and loving. **WARNING: many pictures are included in this post; I'm catching up!**
Let's see...Lydia is still sleeping in our room in a pack-n-play. Audrey has been a very "hands-on" sister and won't leave Lydia be. {i.e. she likes to climb into her bed and "cuddle" with her and she tries to pick her up all of the time and there are a lot of falls and bumps and tears.} But they absolutely adore each other and I know they are going to be the best of friends and have so much fun sharing a room, eventually. We are finally coming into somewhat of a predictable sleep schedule. I have learned to be much more relaxed in how I approach life. And lowered my expectations. It's actually been a relief in the midst of all the other stressors in my life. She generally goes to bed anywhere from 7:30-9 p.m. and sleeps 10-12 hours.
We are doing Baby-Led Weaning with Lydia as well, but I confess, I haven't been as dedicated as I was with Audrey. Lydia loves food though and is always very interested in what we are eating; especially Audrey! She'll "uh, uh" to communicate she wants something. She's learning what it means when I sign/say "eat" and "more". She gets a big grin on her face and the "uh, uh" becomes even more pronounced.
Lydia continues to be the happiest baby around. She rarely fusses, unless there is a good reason. She laughs easily and loves her mommy and sister and daddy. She is such a blessing. I couldn't imagine life without her {nor would I want to!}. About a week ago, Doug caught her climbing up the stairs, but she hasn't done it since. Won't be long, I'm sure. I predict she'll be walking before 10 months. :-)
I don't know what else I can say about this precious babe. Lydia has made my life brighter, more joyful and more centered. She completes our family. I am so blessed to be her momma. I love being able to spend every day with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment