Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Lydia {9 Months}

Crazy that my baby is nine months old already. And, sadly, everything moves faster and I'm doing a horrible job at documenting everything as it happens. We sure are enjoying her though. She's so happy and she loves her mommy. She giggles easily and she's so stinkin' smart. She has figured out the stairs {as in, climbing the entire staircase} and she climbs on top of Audrey's little picnic table we have set up in our kitchen whenever Audrey is eating. She loves food {no surprise} and she communicates with us all through varying grunts and growls. Haha. Such a ham.

Bed time and nap time are a bit more consistent, but man I find it hard to have a regular routine with two kids at such different ages. I would be lying if I didn't say I am looking forward to the day where they are on the same schedule and it's easy peasy at bedtime. For the most part, Lydia does a good job. Some nights she has to fuss herself to sleep, whereas other nights she falls asleep quickly. Kudos to Doug who shoulders bedtime duties more often lately as I'm working a lot of nights.

She's been in size 4 diapers for a little while and is outgrowing 12 month clothes pretty quickly. I am anxious to find out her stats at her 9-month check this month. She gets 5 bottles a day, 7 oz. at a time. She insists on trying whatever we're eating. She still lights up for Audrey; those two. What a bond. They interact more and more. Some days they parallel play, but most of the time it's classic sibling rivalry. Each girl wants what the other has. Ha! Lydia has shown an affinity toward Audrey's dolly, so she got one for Christmas. She was so excited she tried to kiss the baby through the box! :-)

No comments: