Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Audrey {17 Months}

I have heard that around the one and half year mark a kiddo's vocabulary explodes.  We have witnessed this first hand the past month.  Audrey now repeats everything and most of the time it comes out pretty clear.

Words she has added {and I am sure I am missing some}:
  • Duck & quack {every animal with a beak is a "duck" right now}
  • Mooo for a cow
  • Eee Eee Ooo Ooo for a Monkey
  • Elmo
  • Shoes
  • Door
  • Nice
  • Thank you {and the sign for it}
  • "Na-no" for her best friend {first boyfriend?} Nathaniel
  • Cheese {for the food and smiling}
  • Tomato
  • Hot {then she "blows"}
  • Potty / Pssss / Diapy / Poopy / Pee-pee
  • No! {*sigh*}
  • Night, night
  • Grace
  • Bubbles
  • Bath
Currently Audrey:
  • says "hi" to everyone she meets
  • still loves babies {dollies and live ones!}; she gives kisses and hugs
  • asks us to play Veggietales for her at least once every day
  • dances to every musical sound and bobs her head
  • can repeat motions to songs {Mr. Sun / Itsy Bitsy Spider / If You're Happy and You Know It} by memory...I don't have to do them any more {but I do, because it's fun!}  =)
  • is obsessed with her diaper and taking it off and sitting on the toilet.  {I bought her a little training seat and step stool so that we could start practicing.  She hasn't done anything yet, but she is fascinated with sitting up there whenever she sees me doing it.}
  • loves baths and "swimming" in her kiddie pool
  • can go down slides all by herself
  • loves to swing
  • enjoys smelling flowers {she'll get down real low if they are in the ground or lean way into them if they are in a vase}
  • is obsessed with bugs {we touched a caterpillar for the first time the other week and she wasn't even phased...more curious than anything else...it gave me the willies}  =)
  • has mastered eating with a fork and spoon {I'll set a bowl of oatmeal/applesauce/veggies/yogurt - you get the idea - in front of her and she goes to town with minimal mess!}
  • has two upper molars {both sides} poking through {poor kiddo}
  • really enjoys reading and will sit through a few books before getting distracted
  • goes to bed around 8 p.m. and wakes up around 7-7:30 a.m.
  • takes a nap between 12-1 p.m. and usually sleeps 1 1/2 - 3 hours{!}
Did you notice that she has now added "no" to her repertoire?  Yeah, not so excited about that one.  She uses it very clearly and enthusiastically.  "No, Milo!"  Or when I am trying to get her to do something she clearly does not want to, "no!".  Pray for patience for me, okay?  Thanks.  :o)

She has such a zest for life.  She loves the park and being outside and walks.  She cries if one of us leaves without her because she wants to go out too!  It's sweet.  I love that she loves to be outside.  Forces me to get out of the house some days.  She also loves being around other kids.  Whenever we're out and about she gets really animated when she sees other kiddos or hears them {but can't see them}.


















Audrey, please don't change.  You are perfect just the way you are!  Daddy and Mommy love you to the moon and back and back again.  Happy 17 months!

xoxo,
Momma

2 comments:

erin said...

Missy, I can't believe what A LITTLE GIRL Audrey is! She is too adorable!

Also, Katja JUST learned no this weekend. It is part hilarious, part frightening.

Hope you all are doing well. :)

Missypb3 said...

Thanks, Erin! It's hard to believe she is this little person with her own wishes and desires now. She knows what she wants! haha
I know what you mean. Cute...but not cute. :)
We are well! I hope the same for you and yours...though I saw your post about Katja's cold. =(
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!