I had to work Saturday and even though I am usually done by the afternoon, I come home tired. It was an unusually busy shift thanks to the holiday on Sunday. When I got home Doug suggested we grill steak in honor of Mother's Day. He went to the grocery store to pick them up as well as some potato salad...then I had to go back while he was grilling because we needed steak sauce and I picked up a salad. =) We also enjoyed fresh corn on the cob. I am not much of a steak person, but Doug worked some magic on the grill because it was the best steak I have ever had. Audrey even liked it! We capped off the night with stopping over at Doug's parents' so we could give my mother-in-law her card {it was from Audrey and she even colored a bit on it too!} and enjoyed a walk around the small lake that sits behind their townhouse.
Sunday we went to church, grilled again for lunch and then I enjoyed a 2 hour nap! Yay for me. :) Sunday night we did a little shopping at Kohl's {which reminds me I have Kohl's cash to spend!} and I stopped by to see my mom with a card {also from Audrey with a little doodling included} and visited with my parents while Doug was home with a sleeping kiddo.
Then today, Doug came home early from work and surprised us with a bouquet of beautiful flowers for me and a toy guitar for Audrey {during a previous shopping trip to Target Doug and Audrey were fascinated with this}. I love these kinds of surprises. Unexpected. Sweet. I have told Doug this before, don't get me something on a certain "date" because the world {and calendar} tell you to. Do it when it's not expected, it means so much more to me. Kudos to Doug! Love that guy.
Then we enjoyed the warm evening at Doug's softball game {they clobbered the other team 20-0!}. Woo-hoo, Leviathan!
Of course I took no photos on Mother's day or any other part of our weekend. It was low-key and chill. Exactly what I wanted, minus the lack of pictures...I need to get better at remembering!
No comments:
Post a Comment