We arrived in Marion early Wednesday evening and met up with my dear college friend, Jenny, and her two kiddos for dinner. We spent two nights at Jenny's parents' house in the northern part of Marion.
The Ott's. They have a
huge beautiful house. Jacuzzi on the deck, jumbo trampoline out back, {the biggest} leather couch {I've ever seen}, multiple "sitting rooms", pool table...you get the idea. Our hosts decided on a last minute trip to Colorado, so Jenny came up from Indianapolis and stayed with us and brought along her two precious daughters: Charlotte {she turns 2 in September} and Hallie {4 months}. It was an added bonus having uninterrupted Jenny and Missy time once the kids went to bed that first night. We haven't seen each other in six years {plus 3 children ago}.
 |
| Our private bath {pic #1} |
 |
| Shower {pic #2} |
 |
| Vanity {pic #3} |
 |
| Bedroom {pic #1} |
 |
| Bedroom {pic #2} |
Charlotte and Audrey hit it off immediately. This is the first kiddo I have seen Audrey respond to in such a way. I would guess that if they lived closer, they would be best friends;
inseperable. It made me sad to live so far away. Audrey also
loved Hallie. Jenny mentioned that Charlotte doesn't usually last more than a couple of seconds holding Hallie {they are eighteen months apart} before she's done. So, Jenny asked a playing Audrey if she would like to hold Hallie and Audrey immediately dropped what she was doing, sat down with her legs out in front of her, tapped her little thigh and said, "lap!". It was the cutest. thing. ever. And, of course, I didn't get any pictures of Audrey and Hallie!
 |
| *Hugs* |
 |
| Charlotte taught Audrey "Ring Around the Rosie" |
 |
| Distracted by Mickey Mouse. Ha! |
Thursday morning we got up and met another college friend, Lindsey, at the park for some family pictures. Lindsey owns her own graphic design and photography business there in Marion, so it was no brain-er to ask her to take our pictures. The problem; however, {other than not knowing what to do with my hair and ending up hating my choice later} was Audrey. She does not sit still. Have I mentioned this? I am pretty sure Lindsey snapped at least 100 pictures and the result was maybe twenty "good" ones, with three where we're all looking at the camera, and
one where we are all smiling. *sigh* I guess it's a lesson for me. There is a reason I don't spend lots of money on professional pictures. While at the park we encountered a beautiful Great Dane,
Bella. She was in training to be a therapy dog and was completely used to being: ridden, pulled, pushed, poked, prodded, and anything else you can imagine a child doing to such an animal. Audrey spied Bella and immediately ran over to her, enthralled. While I was a bit hesitant {you know, I am
trying to teach Audrey we need to ask if we may pet other people's dogs} the owner was completely at ease, "oh she's used to kids, it's alright if she pulls her tail/thwaps her head/sits on her". Ha. I didn't have my camera {since, you know, we were getting
our pictures taken}, but Lindsey did and she snapped some sweet poses of Bella resting her head on Audrey's lap. Once I get the CD from Lindsey I plan on uploading my favorites to my blog.
Thursday night we met up with a bunch of IWU girls, husbands and kiddos for pizza. It was originally going to be pizza in the park, but it was pouring rain...so we went to a local restaurant instead. Afterward, most of us went to the Marion Mall {woot woot} to let the kids run around the play area while the grown ups visited.
 |
| Some Marion Mall fun. |
 |
| Charlotte saying "cheese" |
 |
| Hanging out. |
 |
| Gwen's "cheese" face |
 |
| Missy, Lindsey, Jenny, Liz & Barrett {missing: Jill} | |
Friday morning we met up with most of the same IWU girls, minus one and added another and the kiddos for playing at the park. Luckily the rain had stopped and it was sunny and warm. Perfect park weather. The kids had a blast on the playground {Matter Park in Marion, Indiana} while the moms got to do some last minute visiting. It was so wonderful to see these girls. To meet their kids. Their spouses. It was one of those times where I think about how far away we all are from each other {me being the farthest...why did I venture so far from home all of those years ago?}, but grateful for the chance to meet up and give some hugs and encouragement. It was awesome. I am so glad we all made time for it.
.JPG) |
| Matter Park #1 |
.JPG) |
| Matter Park #2 |
.JPG) |
| This was narrow and wobbly! |
.JPG) |
| Audrey's into "jumping" lately. |
.JPG) |
| Matter Park #3 |
.JPG) |
| See-saw {look at those happy faces!} |
.JPG) |
| My little daredevil. |
.JPG) |
| Weeee! |
.JPG) |
| Swings! |
.JPG) |
| How cool is this swing? |
.JPG) |
| Little snack of watermelon and goldfish crackers, yum! |
 |
| Ring around the rosie... |
 |
| ...we all fall down! |
 |
| IWU Kiddos {missing Trisha's oldest} |
 |
| Trisha & Keira, Missy & Audrey, Lindsey, Jenny & Hallie & Charlotte, Liz & Barrett |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment