Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

38 Weeks // Preggo Pics

I hit 38 weeks yesterday.  My appointment went much the same as it did last week.  She's still free floating in my belly {i.e. she hasn't locked down into my pelvic region} which means she also hasn't dropped.  At first I was kind of excited about this bit of news, because truth be told I want to hold off until my due date, or just after.  I love love love the idea of an April birthday vs. a March one.  It feels more like Spring.  Closer to warmth.  And I really don't want to rush it.  It goes so fast.  And I guess if this is the last baby, the last pregnancy {still undecided at this point} I want to relish it.  Despite all the little things that have popped up along the journey and made this pregnancy way harder than Audrey's, I am sentimental...and perhaps a tad hormonal.  ;o)  Anyway, I said "at first" because my mother reminded me {and I had the thought afterward too} that I carried Audrey much the same way.  Even during the laboring process she hadn't fully dropped, adding a couple of hours on to the laboring process, waiting for her to do so.  I guess we'll see how it all pans out.  One way or another she's coming and it'll be soon.

My dear husband has been telling me each time he sees my belly these days how "huge" I am.  I don't remember the last time he told me {unsolicited} that I am beautiful.  I know he does, but it can't hurt to hear it once in a while...amen?!  I am being a bit funny here.  I know he loves me and all that jazz...and we're fine...it's just those pesky hormones getting in the way again.  And, even if he is partially teasing {though I know he's not} it's still not the first {or last} thing a 9 1/2 months pregnant woman wants to hear!

I have not had them check to see the status of dilation or effacement.  I don't care to know.  It's not going to change anything and truthfully, I remember it being quite uncomfortable to downright painful with Audrey.  No thanks.  I am going with the flow on this one.  I have been having cramping for the past few weeks at least some part of the day, low back pain and an increase in discharge {you're welcome for that!}.  I am measuring at 40 weeks {though her higher placement contributes to that} and they are guessing she's going to be close to 9 lbs.  Audrey was 8 lbs. 3 oz., so it'll be interesting to see how they compare birth-weight wise.  It makes me think of the movie Juno when her step-mom calls her "a little Viking".  Haha.  I come from hearty stock.  ;o)

For now she remains my active {sometimes downright forceful} little belly babe and I am enjoying her and Audrey and the way things are right now.  Soon enough things will shift and change and it will become a new enjoyment.  I think we're all getting pretty anxious to meet her!

35 Weeks
37 Weeks, 5 Days

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Mis...
You are beautiful!
and your belly is huge. haha!

love ya