Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

My Girl: Audrey

It's been a while since I updated on my beautiful, busy little gal so I decided it was time for some pictures and words on what we've been up to the past couple of months.  My parents were here two weeks in January and two weeks in February while Doug was traveling for work.  How I managed to take NO pictures of my parents is beyond me, but I did manage to snap one of Audrey in the dog crate with my mom's poor dog, Abby.  Haha.  Audrey still loves dogs...maybe a bit too much, so it's a constant battle experience trying to make sure she's gentle/calm/what-have-you around them.

 
Audrey loves to "jam" or "rock out" with her instruments and will often want us to participate {as seen below with Doug and the tiny guitar} =)  And dance.  And music.  Pretty much any way she can get her little body moving and grooving she's in.



She continues to remain my little helper; loving to "wash dishes", dust or "clean up messes", sweep, fold laundry {in fact, one of her favorite things to do is to empty out her dresser drawer of all her clothes and "fold" and then stack them on her stool}.  It is so sweet and innocent how helpful she thinks she's being.  Meanwhile, I say she is good therapy for my OCD.  Haha.  I try really hard to just let her "help" and praise her for it because I love her heart.  Her helpful spirit.  And, honestly, what does it matter if she messes up my neatly folded and organized drawers?  It's a learning experience and it makes her happy.










A week or so ago I walked into the room and she had pulled my scissors off the desk {I know, bad parenting} and was trying to cut her paper.  I kind of freaked out and took them away while explaining scissors can give us big owies and that we have to find scissors just for Audrey.  This got her on a kick of asking daily to go to the store to find "scissors for Audrey".  We finally got some earlier this week and she's been obsessed with them!  It's pretty cute because all she can really do at this point is make little incisions along the edges of paper with the occasional piece that falls off.


We spent some time in our backyard the other day when the temperature was nice and everything was melting!  At one point {taking a break from playing in the mushy snow} she fell bottom down in a little patch of muddy grass.  At first I think she was a little concerned that I would freak out {where would she get that idea?  It's not like I'm some sort of neat freak...oh wait}, but I told her it was a-okay and that sometimes we get dirty when we play and she just kept right on!  =)



The pictures below are just fun snapshots of my little ham {she loves when I swivel the viewer on the camera so she can "see" herself cheesing}.  And a little spring/summer preview of a cute dress I snatched up at Carter's for $5 (originally $30!}.  Audrey is at a fun age where she loves trying on clothes, especially when it's a dress or shoes!







1 comment:

shannon said...

She's such a peanut! I enjoyed our visit on Friday...see you gals again soon