Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Life Update

I don't like being busy.  Period.  It makes me anxious and I cannot seem to settle down because all I can think about is what I need to do next.  I try to be intentional about not over scheduling myself, but these days it has been difficult not to do just that. 

This week in particular is pretty chaotic for me.  I took on an extra evening shift at work (which means working three nights instead of my usual two) and I am scheduled to work Saturday from 12-7pm.  I had wanted to make scones, pumpkin bread, cookies, and cupcakes this week for some upcoming get togethers as well as clean my house, get laundry done and do grocery shopping before the weekend! 

On Friday I am hosting a few other stay-at-home moms and their kiddos for a "Birthday Play Date" to celebrate Audrey's first birthday next Monday (she is going to the doctor that day for her 12 month check up).  It is also my birthday, so Doug is taking me out to dinner and a movie (it may or may not be the newest Twilight movie that we are going to) that evening.  Saturday morning we are taking Audrey to get her one year old pictures taken (seriously, writing that makes me choke up a little) and then, of course I already mentioned, I work.  Sunday we are in the nursery at church and plan on handing out cookies to all of Audrey's friends in honor of her birthday.  Later that day we will have our parents and siblings over for a small "to-do", again, in honor of Audrey's birthday.  We will be celebrating with cupcakes!  I am very excited for her reaction to this as she loves food.  :-)

So what am I doing now [instead of staying busy with my list]?  I am blogging.  Yes, ever the procrastinator.  However, I did get my scones and pumpkin bread made yesterday and I plan on getting some cleaning done today and possibly grocery shopping this afternoon.  Tomorrow I will be without my car because two of the tires need to get fixed before I wear them down to flat tires (in two weeks I had flats on both the driver's side tires) - I would like to avoid it happening to the other two.  Something about the aluminum corroding and needing to be sanded down and re-sealed.  Not my area of expertise at all!  :-)

I was also trying to find a place to plug this in, but it's kind of one of those random tidbits.  Two weeks ago I officially hit 40 lbs. lost since having Audrey!  I am very happy about this.  The pessimist in me wishes that is all I had to lose, but the optimist in me says that I am way more than halfway to my goal of losing the 55 lbs I had gained pre-pregnancy + pregnancy.  Doug termed the last 15 lbs. my "boot weight", which is exactly what it was from (wearing the boot that is, not the boot itself).

Anyway, Audrey is waking early from her nap (I guess it is going to be one of those days) so I have to run.  Stay tuned for updates from this upcoming weekend of festivities!

2 comments:

erin said...

WOO HOO on 40 pounds lost! You should be so proud of yourself!

I can't believe Audrey is going to be ONE next week! I'm sure you can't, either. Time certainly does fly. Enjoy ALL the festivities with her!

Missypb3 said...

Thanks, Erin! I can always count on your encouraging words. :) I feel pretty good, still not "there", but CLOSE!

And, I know! I cannot believe it either. It makes me teary eyed every time I think about it.