Maybe it's getting older. Maybe it's because I am a mom now. But I sense a new confidence in myself that I didn't see before. I officially passed my training {ahem, 6 weeks crammed into roughly 2 1/2 because they knew I could handle it - if "handling it" meant being a complete crazy-stressed-cranky-don't get too close or I'll explode person, then yes, I could handle it} and my final interview with flying colors. Well, maybe not flying, there is always room for improvement; but, both my manager and the district manager sang my praises. They love me. It's still hard to accept sometimes; the positive feedback, the praise. But I am beginning to see it feels good to be wanted. Believed in.
In fact, my manager had such high confidence in my ability to pass {that or she was just desperate} that she had scheduled my first close for the following day: tomorrow. And my first store opening Saturday and then following my normal schedule, just now I'm the boss. Wow. Wish me luck! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment