Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Family Pictures {Finally!}

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Back in August when we took our road trip we had commissioned my dear college friend, Lindsey, to take some family pictures while we were in Marion.  I don't think Lindsey was quite used to photographing a spirited kid like Audrey, but given the circumstances I think she got some really good candids that capture the essence of our family.  See that Great Dane {whose name is Bella}?  We ran into her on the playground that we passed and Audrey insisted that we go to.  Audrey ran right up to her, completely unafraid.  Bella was in training to be a therapy dog and was the most gentle giant of a dog I have ever seen.  Audrey, of course, loved her and couldn't resist trying to ride her; after all, she did look like a small horse.  Bella's owner was in awe over Audrey's fearlessness.  I guess not many kids find her as fascinating as our little one did. 

Not many knew it at the time, but I was 8 weeks pregnant and not feeling the greatest.  Still they turned out pretty great.  There's always the negative side of me that says, "oh I don't know how I feel about that dress and my hair was so blah", but I am working on embracing myself...just the way that I am.  After all, God doesn't make mistakes.  :-)  It was a *fun* experience, but I don't know when we'll do it again.  Good pictures are expensive and when you have a little one who is uncooperative it makes it all the more difficult to shell out the dough so-to-speak.  Still, I am glad that we did it.  I know I will look back on it and forget what a booger Audrey was and how happy I am to have pictures to document this particular time in our lives. 

2 comments:

Sarah Johnson said...

The pictures are beautiful! I miss you. How about getting together in the new year when the craziness of the holiday season is over...

Missypb3 said...

Thanks, Sarah! Sounds good :)
Enjoy your time away this upcoming weekend!