Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

20 Weeks

The results are in...and we're having another girl!  We could not be happier.  When the ultrasound tech scanned the wand over my abdomen for the first time she commented that baby was curled up {possibly asleep?}.  That was, of course, until the tech started pushing baby around and then she got really animated.  Another squirmy little worm.  We didn't get great pictures, but better than we did with Audrey {who was uncooperative during her ultrasound}.  Our printer broke {grrrr} so I cannot scan in the pictures to share on my blog.  I am hoping to get it fixed in the near future as I use it quite a bit and would like to add the ultrasound pictures on here.

As I stated here, Doug and I were kind of hoping for another girl.  Financially it made sense as the girls will share a room and we have a ton of girl clothes already; but I also loved the idea of sisters {having two myself, I know what a blessing they are} and Audrey is so amazing, we know another little girl will be too!  Not that a boy wouldn't, we were just really feeling a girl this time around.  I am pretty sure my in-laws were really hoping for a boy: my mother-in-law upon finding out it was in fact a girl said, "that's okay".  I don't think she meant it the way it came out, but it was funny nonetheless.  It made Doug and I smile and share a secret chuckle later on.

I am continuing to feel better; less tired, less nauseous, more excited about adding to our chaos.  :)  I am definitely feeling little kicks and turns, but they haven't gotten too big yet.  Doug hasn't been able to feel her yet, but soon!  Work is still going alright, though I suspect it's going to start getting tougher.  I am focusing on the blessing of my life and that I don't have to work full-time, though some days are just plain hard.

Now that we know baby #2's gender, it's getting more real and all the more exciting.  Of course, feeling her kick around is helping too.  I imagine I will look pretty large by the end as I am already boasting quite the belly, but I am working on embracing that part too.  Big is beautiful is my mantra for the next several months!

No comments: