Today marks 28 weeks. Another doctor's appointment. It's the last 4-weeks-in-between-appointments. After 32 weeks, it's every 2 weeks until 36 weeks and then every week until she comes! {Was that confusing?} I'm still measuring 2 weeks ahead. Not that looking at me {see below} would be any indication that I carry large-r. {Sarcasm.} Checked the heartbeat of little miss #2. All is good. Checked those pesky varicose veins {that seem to be getting worse} and confirmed that I
should be wearing my nylons everyday, all day. Boo. The stubborn side of me was refusing to wear them everyday, unless I was physically getting out of the house for awhile...BUT I can tell a huge difference in the way my legs ache if I
don't wear them than if I do. So, I guess it's time to suck it up. Plus, they are supposed to help them not get worse {though I don't know how likely that is, really}. I have 12 weeks left. When I look at it in that light I think, "it's gone so fast...I don't know if I am ready for it to be
over over". But, this time around it's different. I am more uncomfortable. Antsy. Impatient. Hormonal. Weepy. Then it makes me feel like a bad mom, like I want to rush it. Because I
don't. It goes so fast. I want to savor every moment. I have to focus on that or I may just go nutty. I think another aspect of this pregnancy that makes me a little sad if I were to admit it: Doug hasn't been able to accompany me to all of my appointments due to work or travel or needing to watch Audrey. Today was one such lonely appointment. He may or may not be traveling for my next one as well. We'll see.
My precious Audrey, showing off her "baby belly" just like mommy. She is such a funny little girl and I couldn't imagine my life without her if I tried!
Doug is gearing up to travel for two weeks in a row beginning next week {leaving Monday, January 14th}, with more talk of travel projected for the middle of February. What is it about cold-weather travel that just about sends me over the brink of emotion? Luckily, my parents are staying with us {me, Audrey and the pups} during the two weeks he'll be gone in January. Maybe I can make them feel bad enough to come back in February too. I will, after all, be even
more pregnant then. One can always hope.
 |
| Me and my sweet Audrey! |
1 comment:
Ahh... belly shots! You are beautiful and Audrey is hilarious!
xoxo
Post a Comment