Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Our Week

Doug took a couple of much needed days off from work the beginning of this past week.  I wish it was the whole week with him leaving Monday, but I guess I should just be grateful for something.   Does that make me sound bitter?  *sigh*

We spent Monday morning at Eagle's Nest in New Brighton {love, love, love that place} and then I headed to my 28 week doctor appointment while Doug hung out with Audrey at home.  Tuesday we got up and headed to the Children's Museum for the morning, stopping at Broadway Pizza on the way home for a little buffet action {yum!}.

Tuesday night we dropped Audrey off at her grandparents for a sleepover while we headed out on a date - FINALLY!  I was doing a little research, having been a bit down about my {supposed to be birthday} movie not being offered many places...when I came across the New Hope Cinema Grill not super swanky or anything, but Tuesday nights they happen to have $2 movies AND they were playing the final movie in the Twilight series {yay!}.  We headed on over there and enjoyed some delicious food while the movie I've been waiting to see forever played on.  It was pretty much everything I hoped it would be, though I was probably overdressed for the occasion.  Oh well, I felt sassy!  It was, also, the first time I debuted my new Coach purse {I'm a bit fussy about getting it dirty and whatnot...I am not used to having such expensive things!}.

Love these two!

The rest of the week went pretty smoothly for us.  I was able to meet up with a friend for lunch yesterday, sans kiddos, and it was so refreshing.  We had been trying to get together since this past summer {before I was even pregnant!}.  Then I poked around Target and grabbed a decaf mocha and just enjoyed me time.  Ahhhh.

And today it was back to reality.  Laundry, menu planning for next week, grocery shopping, Target run...you know, the usual.  :-)  Audrey and I are in a much better routine these days, which has helped our relationship tremendously.  She also blessed her momma by taking a 2 1/2 hour nap today - yay!!  Naps are becoming a bit of a challenge these days and I am usually grateful for just an hour.  Today was a special treat for sure.  I even got a nap in!

Here's to living up the weekend with lots of family time before Doug heads out for the week!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Purse envy...