Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Doug!

Yesterday was Doug's 29th birthday.  We are exactly 7 months apart {me being older}.  I love birthdays, but the passing of Doug's 29th birthday reminded me that I have 5 more months before I turn thirty.  Thirty.  Not that I have anything against turning the big 3-0, it just signifies a milestone.  Bittersweet.  Exciting.

To celebrate the day, Audrey and I packed a picnic lunch and picked Doug up from work.  We headed on over to Chutes and Ladders {right around the corner from our first apartment} where we played {read: Doug and Audrey ran around/climbed/slid while I sat in the shade} and had lunch.  It was a hot day.  On the way back to dropping Doug off at work we stopped at Caribou for his free birthday drink {Vanilla Cooler} and I treated myself to a decaf Black Forest Cooler {dark chocolate and cherry}.  Mmmm, the perfect summer treat.

 
 
 
 
 

Then Audrey went over to her grandparents' for a sleepover while Doug and I went to the Twins game against the Orioles.  Bonus: the Twins actually won!  We enjoyed our complimentary hot dog and soda and splurged on some nachos {can you say, yum?}.  Capped off with a small twist cone from DQ.  It was the perfect night minus the fact that I opted not to bring my camera to the game and then kicked myself for it!

Happy birthday, babe.  You amaze me with your commitment to us and to our family.  I am so blessed to call you my husband and friend.  Here is to several more birthdays together!  We love you!

I absolutely adore these two!!

No comments: