Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Indiana Here We Come!

We are heading to Marion, Indiana mid-August for a family reunion {Doug's father's side}.  Marion happens to be the city {town?} that I attended college.  We are planning on going early to swing by Niles, Michigan to visit my grandmother {my dad's mom}.  We will also get into Marion a couple days prior to our reunion to catch up with some of my college friends and their kiddos {kiddos!}.  We haven't been back there since the summer of 2006.  I am excited to see everyone.  While there we are also having family pictures taken by a dear friend who has her own photography / graphic design business.  We haven't done that.  Like ever.  So needless to say, I am pretty pumped about it.  I am already thinking about hairstyles and clothes.  Decisions, decisions.

It will be the first time Doug's grandparents get to meet Audrey face-to-face.  And Doug's cousin has a little girl who is a month older than Audrey; it will be fun to see them together.  We are staying with friends the first couple of nights and then getting a hotel room which means swimming in the hotel pool.  I cannot express how excited I am about this trip!  It will, however, be the first time we embark on such a long road trip with Audrey.  The plan is to drive through the night there and back.  When we leave Niles to head to Marion we'll leave at nap time so as not to interfere too much with Audrey's sleep schedule.  It may backfire, but we're praying for a successful trip!

I am also looking forward to taking some time off from Caribou.  Since I will be taking approximately two weeks off {in actuality, eleven days}, I have been picking up extra shifts the past few weeks.  Albeit begrudgingly.  I keep reminding myself it could be worse.  I could have to work full-time.  It makes for some long days, but it's helping us...so I'll keep trekking on.  Bonus: I no longer worry about Doug and Audrey having to spend hours together without me, he's got it all under control.  He's a great daddy.  Audrey is so lucky.  And come to think of it, so am I.

Stay tuned for updates on our trip, oh say, toward the end of August?

No comments: