Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wii {Missy vs. Doug}

Back when finishing our basement was still a dream we talked about getting a Wii.  I voted we wait until we had a bigger space to play it.  It was forgotten about.  As you know, we finished our basement right before Thanksgiving {2011} and shortly after that Doug's Playstation 3 died/broke/not really sure what happened to it.  We used to watch instant Netflix through the PS3 and had since gotten used to using my laptop plugged into the t.v. {annoying, but it worked}.  Last week Doug started talking about getting a Wii again.  Since my only criteria had been a finished basement, I was on board.  {It probably also helped that the PS3 had died several months earlier and the Wii streams Netflix...bonus!}

Doug and Audrey went this past week on a night I was working and picked one up.  He had it all set up when I got home.  In addition to Super Mario Bros {which came with the system} he picked up the sports game that has bowling, golf, baseball, boxing, and tennis.  We couldn't wait to try it out together.  Wednesday night Doug had a double-header for his softball team's chance at winning the regular season championship {which they won!} and I was on my way to pick up my in-laws from the airport.  Thursday night I worked again {with plans to work the following night as well} so when I got home around 10:30 p.m. Thursday night, we decided to try out a couple of the sports games together.  {I realize this is getting long and drawn out, but since it's my blog, I'll jabber on for as long as I want to!  Ha!}

Anyway, we ended up playing all five games {staying up way too late} and I beat Doug in every. single. sport.  He was so shocked; let's face it, so was I!  Doug is Mr. Athlete.  Me, not so much.  Not that a gaming system requires much athleticism {otherwise I would be in big trouble}, but it's still pretty funny considering I am not a gamer and Doug has been playing for years.  What is also funny is that I was super animated and jumping/moving all over the place and Doug was calmly standing in one spot {for the most part} making fun of me for being so enthusiastic.  Guess it pays to be a feisty spaz in some instances.  =)  BTW - boxing is my favorite.  It let's out all the stress of the day {maybe even the whole week}.  And the next day I was so sore, but nothing compared to how I felt Saturday.  It's a good workout AND fun.  Woo-hoo!

I may never let Doug have a re-match though, it's fun being the reigning champion...

1 comment:

erin said...

Ha! I would never allow for a re-match! EVER!

That sounds like a lot of fun. I often think we should get a Wii, but I also think that that could maybe get out of control with us quite easily. :)