Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

16 Weeks

Today I am sixteen weeks: I had my scheduled midwife appointment today.  Since Doug is gone, I had to go alone.  Nothing out of the ordinary to report; the appointment itself lasted all of 7 minutes.  In and out.  Baby's heartbeat was in the 150's, this time it was an easy find.  Maybe baby was sleeping and therefore not moving around.  :-)  I scheduled my ultrasound for 20 weeks {can't believe we're so close to finding out baby's gender!}.

I continue to feel queasy at least some part of the day {usually evenings}.  It's wearing on me, but at least it isn't constant anymore.  I am able to eat and drink {especially water} normally again.  A huge relief.  I keep hoping the queasiness will ease any day now.  We shall see.  I am still pretty worn out most of the time.  It's been hard getting up and going in the morning.  Audrey remains fairly patient with me.  Side note: I am really looking forward to having her daddy home again!

Cravings: saltly foods, peanuts, guacamole; Aversions: too-sweet foods, strong flavors, fried food

I keep wondering when I will feel the baby move.  I already have an obvious bump, it would be nice to feel those rolls and kicks.  Soon, I know.  This week baby is about 4-5 inches long and weighing in at 3-5 ounces; let's be honest, I am not having a little baby...5 ounces is probably about right.  ;-)  Muscles are getting stronger; eyes {complete with eyebrows and eyelashes} and ears are in the right spots.  Baby is also becoming more sensitive to touch.

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful gift.  I pray you would continue to help this little one grow and develop.  You are so good!

No comments: