Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Call it Luck

In addition to Doug getting sick {the week he was home, mind you} Audrey came down with another cold.  I, on the other hand, have avoided getting sick.  Not sure how that has happened, but I'm calling it luck {or God's provision}.  :-)  I guess the silver lining, other than me not being sick, is Doug was home to help with the start of Audrey's sickness.  It's always easier when there are two of us to tag-team.  She generally has two bad nights and iffy days with napping before settling back into her "normal" schedule.

The previous week I had a lovely time catching up with friends over dinner and lunch.  I miss being able to do that more often, but I suppose it makes it all the more special when I do.  Now we're looking at Doug traveling for two more weeks {home the weekend in between} and then hopefully he will be done for the rest of the year.  We shall see.  His traveling has been creating extra stress for me and I do not do well with stress...especially while pregnant.  Hello hormones!

Baby Shower in October 2010 - Lauren, Me, Maybo & Molly

I do, however, have something to look forward to.  I am taking the second week off from work and heading down with Audrey and the dogs to my mom & dad's house for the week.  We haven't been down to their place in over a year!  My parents had been staying in the city with my grandparents while my grandpa was sick, but for the past couple of months my mom has been stuck at home due to jury "on-call" duty.  We haven't seen either of my parents since the beginning of September at my cousin's send-off party.  I feel like I am going through serious withdrawal after getting to see them several times a week for nearly a year!  Unfortunately my dad will be up in the city working, but we'll still be able to hang out with my mom.  I am so looking forward to our little getaway {not to mention the nice distraction it will provide while Doug is gone}.  Woo-hoo!

No comments: