Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fisher Family Fun

This past Monday - Wednesday Doug took off from work.  It was the first PTO he had taken since he took a week off in July.  Wowzer.  My man works hard and we love him for it!  I wish it was the whole week, but he promised he would take a full week in April.  So, until then, we had a few days of togetherness to hold me over.

Unfortunately I came down with the start of a cold last Thursday (and am still recovering) - ugh.  Although it wasn't an ideal time to get sick, it was nice to have Doug home to help me out with Miss Audrey.  This time though, I have been trying really hard to pretend that I am not sick, which in turn means I am not taking the best care of myself.  *sigh*

Monday and Wednesday mornings we headed to the mall to walk around after breakfast (another bonus of having Doug home, we whip up some yummy breakfasts - pancakes, eggs and sausage one day and another day was french toast and bacon!).  Too bad I couldn't taste/smell anything the latter part of the week. :(  I was told it was tasty.  Monday we ended up at Eddington's for lunch where Audrey experienced their delicious soups for the first time.  Hits: chicken enchilada, white chicken chili, wild rice.  Misses: Clam chowder (smart girl!)  :)  She's such a happy kid - she brings joy to our lives every day.  We love being her parents!

Tuesday we ventured out to the Children's Museum in St. Paul.  We were given a membership for Christmas from Doug's parents and intend to use it to the fullest.  Audrey had a lot of fun.  The highlight was probably the Habitot (a special room designed for kiddos her age), but we went off and explored other parts as well.  She was just happy to be running around, exploring and interacting with other kids (post to come with pictures soon).

Wednesday we also went to the library to pick out some books.  Audrey, as per usual, was busy running around checking everything out.  We found some fun books.  I am so happy that we have our local library as an option to get out of the house, to explore and to expand our circle of influence.

Thursday it was back to reality.  I was sad to see Doug go back to work (nevermind the fact that it was hard for him to go back after having a few days off), but we settled back into our normal routine.  Laundry, grocery list, preparing dinner with one hand while the other entertains the kiddo.  :)  We are so very blessed that Doug has a job that provides for us.  And I am blessed to have a part-time job that is only part-time and that I am enjoying it.  It's probably up there with the top "funnest" jobs I've had.  And I feel as though I am settled in now; soon I will take the "bar certification" and be a full-fledged employee!  :)

No comments: