I am nearing 2 weeks of being sick. Bleh. Today I decided {after posting on Facebook and hearing that maybe it is something more than just your average cold} to go to the Target Clinic and walked away with a diagnosis of a possible sinus infection and some medication that will hopefully help me get better. Finally.
In better news, Audrey and I are falling nicely into a consistent routine. I wake up to the sound of her chatting happily and calling out "momma!" around 8 a.m. each morning. If I was better about going to bed at a decent hour and was more of a morning person I would totally get up early and relish the quiet. But, I don't and I am not, so for now it works for us. :) We eat breakfast and then play for awhile before I set her in her crib with some books and things to keep her entertained while I shower. She'll play happily for about 30 minutes before complaining. I think it's a pretty sweet trade off. Then we play some more and eat lunch around 11:30-11:45. Naptime is falling around 12:15-12:30 these days and she'll nap from 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Then it's snack time, more playing (or an outing!) until daddy comes home and then we eat dinner. Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights are bath night. I work Tuesday and Thursday nights. Bedtime is around 7:30 p.m. these days. No more bottles (my, how she has grown!), so our new routine is bath (on the appropriate night), teeth brushing (which she loves), book reading, prayer time, kisses and goodnight. Usually we just lay her down and she falls asleep on her own, but lately she's kind of been into cuddling (not that I mind :), so the nights I am home we cuddle a little before I lay her down. Awww...love these moments with her.
A new addition to our routine is that on Monday and Fridays I will be helping out some friends with daycare. They have a little girl who will be 3 in March and a little boy who is 18 months old. Aaaaannnnnd, they are expecting baby number 3 (another girl) in March. You read that right. 3 kids, 3 and under. They are brave. :) This past Monday was the first day I had them and I was pleasantly surprised. They are good kids - well behaved (especially for their ages). Of course, it was the first day in a new place, so they could surprise me yet. But...I am hoping that they don't. :)
Work is going well. In fact, my manager told me last week that she would really like me to consider training for a shift supervisor position (mind you I've been there just under three months). My internal pessimist says "You can't do it! She's confused, you would be terrible." But, truthfully, the thought thrills me. First, that she would deem me qualified for such a task and two, then maybe I could prove my inner voice wrong - I am capable and talented and can do it!
I talked to her {my manager} last night and told her I would like to say "yes, but not yet". Once I feel a bit more settled I will start training. I have mixed feelings about it. Mainly because I am perfectly happy being a mom. The years following college I struggled with the question "what do I want to do? what is my purpose?" and since becoming a mom I feel as though I have finally found it. My answer. In this season of my life I am completely content and fulfilled just being a mom and a homemaker. I do not desire more. But, I do believe that I am at Caribou for a reason and it's a door God opened for me, so I want to walk through and be obedient to His leading. Maybe it was just for the simple fact of making a little extra income, but I have come to believe that it's in the little things that God does His greatest works. Maybe this opportunity is a chance to gain some confidence that I have been lacking, or it's to teach me something about being a leader, or something else I haven't even thought of yet. For now I just want to be open to letting things happen.
I know this post must seem random{and it is}, but it's where my thoughts and fingers led me today. So, lucky you, getting a small glimpse into our world. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment