Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

{Resolutions?!}

I have been unintentionally creating goals for myself for 2012.  I don't make new year's resolutions, they are easily broken {at least for me}.  Basically I have been inspired these last few weeks to become the woman I have always wanted to be.  Now I know realistically that it's going to take more than a year for that, but I figure now is as good a time as any to start.  Maybe the fact that I will be 30 on my next birthday has something to do with it.  Or this post made me think there need to be some changes in my life.  And I want to be the mom that Audrey deserves.  I know I won't be perfect {ever} but I can strive to be better.  It's hard to put into words what my goals exactly are, but for the purpose of being able to track my progress (i.e. being able to look back a year from now and know how far I have come - fingers crossed!) I am going to attempt to list them out.
  1. Listen more, talk less
  2. Serve others out of love, not obligation
  3. Complain less
  4. Memorize scripture
  5. Really internalize and live out 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
  6. Find freedom from the my internal tapes that play (on repeat)
  7. Exercise more, eat less (I know, I know - I had to)

No comments: