I realized this evening that I did not get ONE photo of Audrey today. The first day of the third year of her life and I didn't get it documented. Does that make me a terrible mom? Don't answer that. I am slowing down in my picture taking these days. I actually don't remember how many I have taken since her first birthday. I guess the first year there are so many changes month-to-month that I didn't want to miss a second of it (as evidenced in my 1500 pictures). Now I am lucky if I remember to pull the camera out. Oh well.
Initially I was pretty excited for today. Hanging out with Doug and Audrey - enjoying having nothing to do this afternoon. But then I ended up running errands for a few hours sans Doug and Audrey. You know, Target run, grocery store run, and a little detour to the mall to check out the new year's deals going on. I found a few items for Audrey. I always feel accomplished when I find good deals on things. Sometimes spending money is cathartic. Yes? Doug and I stayed up until 11 p.m. last night (we ended up watching the ball drop in NY) and then went to bed. We were not intentionally watching the NYE special on t.v., but after our movie was over we flipped it on while getting ready for bed. We're not big into celebrating New Year's. Never really have been, it's just another day to us I guess. Maybe when we have a house full of kids and less time for each other it will mean something different. Then again, maybe not.
I am feeling a little melancholy tonight. Maybe it's because I was humbled when all I wanted to do was call up a friend and ask if she wanted to go grab coffee and talk because I needed some girl time and realized I didn't have anyone to call. I don't feel that way often - mainly because I tend to be a loner - but when I do, it smarts.
I guess a little humbling never hurt anyone. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment