Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Shift Supervisor: That's Me!

Remember this post?  Goodness, I cannot believe six months have passed already!  I interviewed last Friday with my boss' boss for the Shift Supervisor position.  I was so nervous {I hate interviews!}, but it could not have gone any better.  She told me I had the job.  Training is 4-6 weeks long, but it'll be broken up due to our travels {we leave in just over a week!!!}.  In fact, I don't really know what my official training schedule is or when I'll start...but at least I know I actually have the job and it will happen.  Soon.  I think.  My schedule will remain much the same, with some added flexibility on my part should a shift need to be covered.  Lucky for me, I have in-laws who are semi-retired and love spending time with their granddaughter.

What exactly does this mean for me long term?  Not sure.  I still want {with everything in me} to be a full-time stay-at-home momma who doesn't work outside of the home, but I also can't ignore God's leading.  And for now?  I believe I am following it.  Time will tell.  Maybe I will love this position so much I'll eventually move on to be an Assistant Store Manager to a Store Manager to who knows what.  I am reminded of the Proverbs 31 woman; I am doing what I can to help my family.  Simple as that.

Will keep you posted as things progress...for now I am anxiously awaiting training and that first shift I run on my own {reminder: I am a closer two nights a week, so that means closing down the store...alone...eeek!}.  But, clearly they have confidence in me, so I can have confidence in myself!  {My weak version of a self-pep talk.}  =)

2 comments:

Ann K said...

Congrats, Missy!

Sarah Johnson said...

You go, girl!