My baby has moved on to double digits. Minor freak out. We're so close to the one year mark, it's just plain crazy. Audrey has officially been outside of my womb longer than she was inside and (as per usual) she is learning something new every day. She continues to amaze and delight us and we are
convinced we won the baby lotto with this one. :) As much as I wish I could turn back the time to remember what it felt like to hold my [little] 8 pound baby all cuddled up in my arms, I am so excited for each day and milestone that Audrey hits. She is an absolute joy to be around and I am so thankful that I was chosen to be her momma. Here are some highlights of what's been going on with Audrey this past month:
- We're back to a great sleeper/napper, thankfully that disruption was short lived!
- We no longer have to coax her to sleep - just lay her down and go (this has been so nice - letting them cry-it-out really works!).
- Plays pat-a-cake (mimics the motions when you just sing it too).
- Climbs on everything - have found her on stairs, our coffee table, the couch, boxes, etc.
- Knows the sign for "more" (when eating).
- Has started exhibiting "shyness" - sometimes she'll lay her head down on mine or Doug's shoulder like she's trying to hide when someone says "hi" to her (she has done it with strangers and family, so it's not really a stranger danger thing; yet).
- Throws little tantrums when something is taken away from her.
- Shakes her head "no".
- She gives kisses! It's the sweetest open mouth, wet-mess-kiss you could ever hope for. :)
- Loves to walk holding on to your hands (she will actually grab one hand, then swing around looking for the other so she can walk around - it is the sweetest thing).
- Stands unassisted for prolonged periods of time and has taken two steps by herself (twice).
- Will also clap/hold items while standing.
- Is more verbal - new consonants/vowels are popping up every day it seems (bay-woo and whoa are the most recent).
- Definitely exhibiting preferences when it comes to food (newest favorite = baby goldfish!).
- Noticing small details (cracks in the floor/doors, fuzz on a blanket, strings...).
- Will sit with her back against something and throw her head/body back to hit the object (her favorite place to do it is in her highchair (or walls, people...) - it's kind of painful to watch).
- Milo will let her "pet" him for an extended amount of time - no more pulling hair!
- My favorite (although she's been doing it for awhile now): when you're laughing, she's laughing too!
 |
| Who knew DVDs could be sooo much fun!? |
 |
| "Now how do I get my foot back?" |
 |
| Daddy was traveling this week (he rocks!) |
 |
| Yep, no longer a great idea. |
 |
| "Psssh, I know how to open this!" |
 |
| What a cute little bootie! :) |
 |
| "What? This isn't what this is for?" |
 |
| Momma, Daddy, and Audrey - 10.13.11 |
 |
| Circulars would keep her entertained for hours. |
 |
| Future Senior (high school) picture idea. |
 |
| "Okay, I'll pet you and you give me a smooch." |
 |
| "Look at me mom!" |
 |
| Eveland Family Farm - 10.16.11 |
 |
| Milo (the patient one) lets Audrey hang out next to him. |
 |
| Trying to get a shot of the cute sweater (thanks, Helen!). |
 |
| "I'm how old today?" |
|
|
It's official, I am completely head-over-heels in love with this little girl. She makes my heart sing and each day I am reminded how awesome my life is. Happy [10 month] birthday, Audrey! Mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back!
1 comment:
Hooray! What a cutie!
Post a Comment