Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Audrey's first Halloween (outside of my comfy belly) was a lot of fun.  I recently joined a network of stay-at-home moms in my area and their planned "play-date" was handing out candy to the residents at the St. Anthony Health Center (mostly elderly people).  It was actually quite fun.  I hope that's something we can continue doing every year - it really made some of the residents light up seeing all of the mommas and their babes dressed up (only a couple of the moms wore costumes too, I was not one of them though).

Audrey was a pumpkin.  Initially I really wanted to get her this Carter's costume, but honestly, I could not justify spending that kind of money for a costume.  I watched for it to go on sale, but of course by then they were all out of her size.  Audrey's grandma (my mother-in-law) saved the day with making her a pumpkin costume, complete with adorable head gear.  It was perfect and fit nicely over a coat and hat (which was needed for our brief stint of trick-or-treating).  Thanks, Grandma Martha!  Enjoy the pictures below:












Happy Halloween!

No comments: