Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Fresh Start

So here we are again.  A new week.  A fresh start.  Doug has already left for the airport for another week in St. Louis.  By the end of last week I was sooo ready for him to be home.  It was a struggle having him gone.  The worst part was evenings, trying to get Audrey down for bed and then the quiet afterward that I had to fill with things to keep me busy.  Which, I guess, wasn't too hard.  Doug usually puts Audrey to bed, so I think my way of doing it wasn't really working.  I am bad at letting her "cry it out", but after having a weekend of a relative problem-free bedtime I think I'll be more apt to try the "cry it out" game this week.

We had an amazing weekend.  It was refreshing and definitely recharged my batteries so to speak.  We enjoyed our time together - running errands on Saturday afternoon, going on a nice long walk yesterday (when it was 80 degrees!), eating meals together, you know just spending time as a family.  Audrey was really happy to see Doug and he was great about letting me get in some much needed "Missy" time this weekend.  (Thanks, babe!)  I was able to go to the Y for a workout on Saturday and on Sunday I was able to meet someone for coffee and waste some time roaming around Target sans baby.  Awww.  It really is the little things in life, isn't it?  :)

Speaking of the Y, I  had taken a break from going every week, um for a few weeks, because Audrey was sick (and you can't take a sick baby with you), then I was sick, then I had just lost my momentum.  I was nervous about going and weighing myself because generally when I do that (take a break) I gain weight.  Not lose.  Not stay the same.  But gain.  I was happy to see that I had actually lost weight - what?!?  I needed that encouragement to keep doing what I am doing - my end goal is achievable!  I am very close to having lost all of my pregnancy weight and then it's just tackling those last [pesky] 15 lbs pre-pregnancy that I had gained.  Wahoo!

On Wednesday we are planning on taking a little road trip down to my parents' house (near Mankato) and spending some time with my eldest sister and her family.  I miss my sister!  :o(  We used to live really close to one another, but for the past 7-8 years we've been 2 hours apart.  Could be worse I suppose, but she is one of my best friends, so understandably it is hard being so "far" away.  I am looking forward to our trip and spending time with family. 

Here is to a new week and a fresh start!

No comments: