Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy 6 Years!

Okay, I have sat down to write this blog for, um, five days in a row now and just can't seem to find the words.  Basically I wanted to share an overview of how/when Doug and I met and fell in love in honor of our 6th wedding anniversary (which was last Saturday; October 8, 2011).  Below you will find that - sort of.

Doug and I have known each other since we were 13 & 14 years old.  We met in middle school and ended up going to the same high school.  I like to say that I loved him from the minute I met him.  The truth is, he was (and still is) one of the nicest guys I had ever met.  He treated me with respect and never once picked on me (which was typical of guys that age).  Oh how I still love him for that.

We got engaged during the Summer of 2004.  I had one semester left at IWU and Doug had two semesters to finish at Wheaton.  We set a date for Fall 2005 after we both had graduated.  Neither Doug or I wanted a big wedding that cost a fortune; in fact, I get kind of annoyed when people put more importance on the wedding than the marriage.  Ours was a very low-cost, low-key affair, and it was perfect.  We had family and close friends celebrating with us and that was all that mattered.

October 8, 2005
Doug is my other half, he is the one person who makes me feel whole.  I love that he sometimes knows me better than I know myself.  He is my biggest fan and the best encourager (because I need lots of encouragement).  I am so blessed to be walking through this crazy life with him by my side.  I know there are times that I take his presence for granted (sigh), but I will never forget the commitment I made to him on our wedding day six years ago.  Each year I love him more and that's the honest truth.  We have weathered many storms (and sure to encounter more), but Doug is the one person who knows every bit of who I am and loves me anyway.  He is my best friend and I am so thankful for him.  And this year we have an extra reason to celebrate.  Our love for one another created a little person that is 50% me and 50% Doug and 100% Audrey.  She is our beautiful little miracle.

2 comments:

erin said...

Happy anniversary (a little late), Missy!

Missypb3 said...

Thanks, Erin! :)