Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

11 Months!

It hardly seems possible that we are now only one month away from having a one-year-old.  It feels like we're living life on fast forward these days.  I have been so incredibly lucky to witness the last eleven months of Audrey's life.  I feel so privileged and honored to be her momma.  So many things have been going on from month ten to eleven.
  • She's finally teething.  Tooth number one has officially poked through.  I worried for a while about her getting teeth (since so many other momma friends' kids already had them and most are younger than Audrey), but somewhere along the way I was able to let go of that worry.  I think the truth that she will get teeth (eventually) and knowing that my siblings and I were late in getting teeth helped.
  • She's walking.  She teetered around for a couple of weeks.  Taking one step here, one step there and then finally around the 10 1/2 week mark she just took off.  More walking than crawling.   Within a week's time she had it down.  She is zippity quick.
  • She's talking.  Okay, more like gesturing and pointing with a few words mixed in.  She says momma, dada, puppy, woof, Bubba (which is my dad), and we think she says Milo, in her own way of course.
  • She's climbing.  I know I mentioned that before, but she is seriously taking it to new heights (literally).  We discovered she can climb on top of the dogs' crate.  One of those metal cages, not the small plastic things.  She has proven her ability to climb up into her stroller, [almost] over gates, up end tables, and she tries oh.so.very.hard to climb up on the couches.
  • She's weaning and eatingFirst, we're working on weaning her off the bottle and formula.  Our goal is to be completely bottle/formula-free by her first birthday.  So far we've eliminated the middle-of-the-day bottles.  She gets one when she wakes up and another when she goes down for the night, but even then she is only taking about 4-5 ounces (more or less).  I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to the end of the bottle phase.  If I had been able to nurse, maybe I would feel differently, but making (and cleaning) bottles for the past year has been enough for me!  Let alone the expense of formula.  Second, there doesn't seem to be anything this kid won't eat.  Some favorites: eggs, chili (and pretty much anything hamburger based), yogurt, cheese, peas/corn/broccoli/cauliflower, BEANS! (seriously, she loves, loves, loves beans - green/kidney/black/chili/lima - she eats them up like they are candy), pancakes, pasta, grilled cheese and mac'n'cheese.  We have been absolutely thrilled with following the Baby-led Weaning approach.  Audrey never had anything pureed, mashed, or watered down and it's been so amazing to watch her explore with food and figure it out on her own terms.  She's such a good eater!
Yogurt face!
She found the pizza pan and slid around the floor.
Who needs toys when you have kleenex boxes?
They were watching the street-sweeping trucks.
And all 3 looked over at the same time.
Audrey's first Halloween!
"Petting" Milo.



New 'do!
She did this completely unassisted!
Us girls!
Books, books, books!
Waiting for daddy to come home from work.
Mastering the Snack Catcher - she loves these!






Reading before bed with daddy.
Teething = crabby baby :(
Happy 11 months, Audrey!

Happy eleven months, Audrey!  Mommy and daddy are so happy to have you in our lives and cannot even remember what life was like before you came into the world!  We love you to the moon and back and then back again.  XOXO.

1 comment:

erin said...

Oh my gosh, look at her go in that video!!! She's so darn cute, Missy! And, it is amazing to read how much she has changed over the course of the past month. I forget how quickly they learn things and change. Amazing!

I completely understand why you'd be sick of bottles and formula. I plan on stopping pumping at a year (or thereafter - I may have to wean off it), and am SO looking forward to it. I'll keep nursing, but the pumping aspect? UGH! It's not quite the same thing, but a similar annoyance in some ways. :)