Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Finding Balance

I had a really stressful past two weeks.  It felt like I had a hundred million things to do with no time to do them.  Thanksgiving was nice - it was good to see my sister and her family.  Even though we only live two hours away from each other, we don't get to see each other too often.  The bonus part of Thanksgiving is that we got the furniture moved down to our newly remodeled basement (this is a project we've dreamed about since moving into our house 4+ years ago).  It still feels weird to have that space.  Foreign.  I have Audrey's side all set up with her toys and books and she loves it down there.  =)  I'll post about that project with pictures (before and after) soon.

I've been putting in quite a few hours at work (a blessing and a curse) and trying to find the balance of getting things done at home when I am here.  Audrey, while more independent, requires more effort and supervision these days.  With her insatiable curiosity and constantly trying to wiggle herself into peculiar situations it leaves me feeling pooped.  Trying to make dinner and entertain her has become the "event" of our day.  I guess the good thing about working is that I am having fun.  That was the number one priority for me this time around.  If I have to work, let it be enjoyable.  And it is.  Albeit a little stressful, but I am sure once I completely settle in it will feel less so.

I better sign off now.  More things to do.  The big debate this year is whether or not to get a Christmas Tree.  Audrey has made it impossible to have anything within her reach.  (That curiosity!)  Which means less "stuff".  So I suppose that's a good thing.  =)

No comments: