Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hello / Goodbye

My time working at the YMCA has come to an end.  I worked there for a total of just over 2 years (with a break in between my last trimester and Audrey's first few months post-birth).  It had always been a part-time gig, but the biggest perk (and main reason of doing it) was the free membership.  I will miss it!  However, working on Sundays wasn't ideal for us anymore so we made the executive decision for me to quit.  Last Sunday was my last shift.  I had toyed with the idea for quite a while of becoming a personal trainer.  I even studied for the test and took it a couple of times...but didn't pass because I am a horrible at studying (doing it that is).  Although the second time I took it I was within like 3 points of passing - must have been a sign (of laziness!).  I guess my heart just wasn't into it.  So, goodbye Y!

Hello....Caribou!  I start orientation tomorrow evening and will have 20 hours of training to complete next week and then I am all set to go.  I will be working between 10-20 hours a week (evenings and some Saturdays).  I think it will be a fun job (at least that's what I keep telling myself).  A Barista!  I've always wanted to check that off of my bucket list.  You know, working in a "coffee shop".  So here goes!  It's actually a mall location, so it should be pretty busy.  I have mixed feelings about it, but overall I am pretty excited.  I think I am one of those people that would be completely content not to work outside of the home - I love being a mom, I love being a "homemaker" and taking care of my family.  But, I guess right now we could really use the extra income and at least it's a flexible schedule and I won't be missing out on Audrey's daily life - I'll just be missing out on Doug and me time.  For now.

AND I guess I'll be getting my weekly coffee fix after all (you get a free coffee during your shift, plus a 30% discount, and 1/2 lb. of coffee every other week) - yay for perks!  :)

*** UPDATE: There has been a change of plans.  Something unexpected came up today with my new manager so I am starting my orientation on Monday instead.  I guess I get the whole weekend to think about it and build up the anticipation!  Ack!  :-) ***

2 comments:

Sarah Johnson said...

Congratulations on finding a part-time job that fits in with your schedule. That is wonderful. I will have to visit you!

Missypb3 said...

Thanks, Sarah! I would love that. :)