Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

As Per Usual

As per usual after I have my little meltdown things seem to get better.  My training on Wednesday and today was way better.  I am even starting to feel a bit of confidence creep in.  *grin*  I was actually on the register for the bulk of my shift today and will be on it my whole next shift (which is tomorrow from 12-5 in case you were curious).  It was fun.  It was fast.  It was hard, but exhilarating.  And people (mostly) were understanding of my slowness and fumblings.  I look forward to the next phase - which is actually making the drinks.  Just think by Christmas I will be whipping out orders and taking down names!  (Okay I don't really know what that means, but it had a certain ring to it, no?).  *giggle*  Everyone I have met there (the employees that is) have been super patient, helpful, and friendly.  I really couldn't ask for a better environment to work in!

In other news, Doug has been sick this past week.  He seems to be getting sick more this season than previous, but maybe I am just more aware of it now that we have Audrey and the threat of her getting sick is - well - not fun.  Audrey seems to be coming down with a cold now too.  She spent today with her Grandpa and Grandma Fisher while I worked.  I guess her nose started running at some point and then tonight she has been soooo congested.  This is the worst she's had it EVER.  I feel so bad.  I wish I could take it away from her.  I also really hope she sleeps well tonight.  I am so tired; I am not used to being a SHM and a working mom.  Busy, busy!  And I hope I don't get it.  Is that selfish?  In a moment of frustration I asked Doug why he keeps getting sick and then basically told him he needs to be taking better care of himself (which is true...BUT).  Yes, sometimes I am thoughtless and bossy.  I am also good at saying I am sorry and Doug is usually pretty forgiving...so we make it work. *wink*

2 comments:

Sarah Johnson said...

Missy, I am so happy for you that you are finding your stride at Caribou! I want to stop by and see you at Rosedale sometime. I am crazy about the holiday white chocolate peppermint mocha!

Is Audrey feeling better? I keep wondering when Stella is going to get her first cold. Do you give her baby Tylenol or just let the cold run its course? We have been putting her humidifier on at night now. Dang winter is on its way!

I can't believe that Audrey's first birthday is next month already! Our babies need to stay babies! :) I only half-mean that as the milestones are always fun when they reach them.

Take care!

Missypb3 said...

Hey Sarah! Would love to see you. I seem to be working most Saturdays...other than that random nights.

I only give Audrey tylenol if she is running a fever and seems pretty miserable (which has only been a couple of times). I did give her some this past week with the teething...but I try not to unless she is pretty out of it. :( That's awesome that Stella hasn't gotten a cold yet! It's those antibodies from nursing, I am sure. ;-) It's pretty sad to see them sick. You get it.

And, I KNOW! I am seeing mommas with kiddos close in age to Audrey having their 1st birthdays and I keep thinking...aw, not yet! Hope to see you ladies soon!