Today Audrey is 7 months old. It’s getting harder to believe that time is passing so quickly. She is becoming more and more like an independent little person and less like a, well, a baby. She has officially taken off and is crawling
everywhere. If that wasn’t enough, she is also pulling herself up on
everything. I swear it was all in a week’s time that she just got it and then got really fast at it. Since before her 6 month checkup she had been getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Then she started doing her own version of the worm (the dance move) to get around on the floor and then one day BAM!: one hand, then the other, then one knee, then the other and away she went! Our pediatrician warned us pretty early on that she thought she’d be an early crawler due to how strong she was already. I guess she was right. :)
Here are the highlights from the past month:
- Rocking on hands and knees to full-fledged crawling
- Survived the second cold - luckily I didn't get sick this time around
- Pulling up (beginning with in the crib to now whatever she can find)
- Starting to climb (ack!)
- Starting solids (I will elaborate in a later post, but we’re doing the Baby-led Weaning approach; to read more about it click here.)
- Getting used to the sippy cup
- Sleeping more consistently from 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.
- Taking more defined naps in the a.m. and p.m.
- Going to the YMCA with me twice a week
- Getting more vocal – lots of momma’s and baba’s (not so much dada’s)
- Communicating better when she wants something (i.e. “pick me up”)
- Discovering tongues (she tries to grab them!)
Below I am including pictures that capture the busy month we've had in the Fisher house. Each month is better than the last - I seriously
love being this little one's momma and I so enjoy being able to witness her day-to-day progression.
This was a rough day indeed.
Standing up in her crib (what a big girl!).
Climbing on some boxes in our living room (naughty Audie!).
Yum, banana!
Knows how to handle the sippy cup well.
Whew, pooped out!
She loves these shapes.
Playing with daddy (and trying to grab his tongue).
No comments:
Post a Comment