Pages
Monday, July 18, 2011
Perspective
This is a completely random post, but it's on my heart today and I feel like sharing. I am one of those people that gets caught up in waaaayyyy too many silly things. Every once in a while though, I am reminded of what's truly important in my life. I count them as God's nudgings (is that a word?) to help me keep perspective. I read a blog by Angie Smith (she is the wife of Todd Smith who sings in the Christian band Selah), if you're interested in her story click here to see for yourself. She is an amazing writer, woman of God, and overall inspiration to me. I noticed today her blog was about a fellow mom who lost her child (Angie and Todd lost their little Audrey mere hours after she was born). I read the story and wept. Hard. I turned my computer off and grabbed [my] Audrey and just loved on her. I was reminded that Doug and she are the two most important people in my life. I realized that the weight I've been fretting over losing is silliness in the midst of what's really important. That worrying about not being able to sell our house when we're ready is futile. That the fear of money always being a constant thought in our lives is madness, for who can predict the future? Today I cried for a stranger I will never meet and through those tears I was reminded, again, that I am blessed beyond measure. I pray that I never have to face the heartache of losing a child. I pray for peace for the family that lost their little boy, James. And finally, I pray that you might gain a little perspective from their story too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is heart-wrenching. I can't read the story, because I know that it will upset me too much. But, it really does give some perspective. I worry about so many little things, but right now, I am so lucky to have two healthy daughters and a loving partner. Money, weight, house stuff - all that works itself out. What's important is the people in our lives - family, friends, and so on.
Post a Comment