Audrey is one of the happiest babies I’ve ever known. (Seriously.) Doug and I talk all the time about how lucky we are and we tease that we don’t know who she got that from. Ha Ha. We say she gets her spunky personality from me and her incessant need to MOVE from Doug (he has a hard time sitting still to this day and I hear he was quite the busy little guy as a kid). She surprises me constantly. I get worried if we’ve had a bad day with napping and we have plans to take her out, but she loves it. I think it’s the people watching she enjoys the most. She just looks around and takes it all in (I think she has very intelligent eyes). Can you tell I am one proud momma? Okay, yes, she does have periods where she may have a meltdown, but overall she is happy. I often wonder how I got so blessed. With such a rough start to this crazy life, it sure has turned out great. Audrey smiles easily at whoever is talking to her (okay, not whoever, she didn’t like the guy that took her picture at JCPenney) and loves to laugh and shriek and wave her little arms and whack herself in the belly. She turns over every time you lay her down, which has made changing her diaper (or getting her dressed) quite the challenge. She also gets up on her hands and knees and propels herself forward. She may not be crawling in the traditional sense, but she certainly knows how to get from point A to point B. And you can’t set her in a reclining position without her pulling forward to sit up – the kid is strong. Everyone that holds her says she’s heavier than she looks (another trait she gets from me). Ha. My mom’s theory is it’s because she has so much muscle (going back to how strong she is). She’s been like this from day one. Busy little bee - just like her daddy (minus the bee part). She has been getting unbelievable with going down for naps or bed. We just lay her down with her pacifier and her "moo" and she drifts off on her own. She's sleeping between 11-12 hours a night and is usually asleep by 7:30-8. We're still working on a consistent nap schedule, but still, she's an easy baby. Below are her 6 month pictures - isn't she a beauty? :)
Audrey has also discovered how entertaining our dogs can be. She loves to watch them and twists and turns to watch them move around. A couple of times she has laughed out loud at Gracie (when Gracie is trying to play with Audrey (really!) or when Gracie “talks”). Yesterday Audrey thought Abby (my mom’s dog) was hilarious. All Abby was doing was waving her toy around and squeaking it. Audrey’s laughter brings warmth to my heart. Every time. Milo and Gracie (our mini schnauzers) are not as interested in Audrey; well, that is since Audrey has discovered how to grab their ears and beards. They continue to be really good around Audrey, but now they kind of scoot out of her reach when she gets too close. Smart puppies.
Doug and I feel so lucky to have this little girl in our lives. We feel so honored that God would trust us with such a gift. At night we tiptoe into her room and peek at her sleeping and whisper a prayer in the dark. Then we fall asleep talking about how thankful we are for our little family. I will say it again, we are blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment