So, last week was tough. There were many factors that contributed to it being a bad, bad week:
1) Audrey was crabby and sick the previous two weeks {and still recovering last week};
2) It may have been a hormonal time of month for me {oh yes I did};
3) I completely neglected my much needed quiet time; and
4) I was filling my mind with nonsense and not taking care of myself.
Doug arrived home late Friday night. He immediately hugged me and told me how awesome he thinks I am {okay, maybe not awesome, but whatever word he used it was flattering}. Then we climbed into bed and held each other while we debriefed about our week apart. I could already feel the tears trying to escape thinking about this week {another week of him traveling}. Despite that looming over us, we had a great weekend.
I got off 2.5 hours early from work on Saturday, so we were able to spend more time together than we originally were going to have. We ended up going to the YMCA {where I re-joined}, then out to dinner at Snuffy's {somehow burgers, fries, and a malt seemed the appropriate meal after joining said health club} where Audrey would not sit still for anything. She's at a very exploratory age. And really pushing her boundaries. Saturday night we were in bed by 9:30 - we were both exhausted. Sunday I woke up with a migraine, so I took some medicine and crawled back into bed while Doug took care of Audrey {which was such a blessing}. He even made us all oatmeal {I love it when he does that}. When I finally got up I was still teetering on the edge so we spoke quietly and ate and moved about slowly {yet we still made it to church [almost] on time}. By the afternoon my headache was much better. Then last night we had small group. This morning Doug left again for the week.
Armed with a plan for a better week, Audrey and I headed to the YMCA this morning. While she played with other kiddos, I enjoyed a much needed workout {first formal workout I have had in nearly 6 months}. I was pleased to see I am now only 10 pounds from my goal weight {if I were to get back to the weight I was pre-pregnancy and pre-boot} this means I have lost 45 pounds since Audrey's birth. Forty-five pounds. Although I am close to weighing what I once did {pre-baby but post-high school}, I definitely notice that clothes do not fit the same. My body does not look the same. I am slowly learning to be okay with this. I wouldn't trade Audrey or carrying her inside of me for anything in the world, even if it came in a size 2 {which I never was, but I digress}.
I had to drop my car off tonight for some work tomorrow, but if we get it back in time we will go to story-time on Wednesday {assuming the snow storm we are supposed to get doesn't change our plans} and probably out visiting family and another trip to the YMCA the latter part of the week. Maybe even dinner with my mom and dad {Nana and Bubba}.
In any case, I am prepared to make this a better week. Mind over matter, right? :-)
1 comment:
Mind over matter, indeed! I do hope that you have a better week, Missy!
And, congratulations on 45 pounds down! I am still, uh, 45 pounds UP. SAD, but true.
:)
Post a Comment