Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Isn't It Ironic?

So all that talk about a better week and BAM! Tuesday morning I wake up with a nasty stomach virus.  As I was heaving over the toilet and having a hot flash {and holding back the tears} I thought, "isn't this ironic?".  It turns out Doug was in bed all day yesterday too with much of the same thing {though I don't think he was as friendly with the bathroom floor as I was}.  Still, it's hard being sick and worse, I am sure, when you're away from home.  Lucky for us both that we woke up feeling a lot better today.  I was worried because I have never had a stomach virus that lasted less than 3 days.  I haven't thrown up in six years {even while pregnant!}.  I wouldn't mind if it took another six years before it happened again.  Or never.  That would be nice.

I dropped my car off on Monday night to get the oil changed on Tuesday, but it turned out the rear brakes needed to be replaced as well.  Since I was out of commission I didn't mind not having my car.  Though we were not planning on the extra expense {it always happens that way, doesn't it?}.  My father-in-law came and picked Audrey up yesterday afternoon so that I could rest.  They hung out, picked grandma up from work, had dinner, then dropped her off in time for bed.  I really appreciated the quiet time {not to mention the uninterrupted sleep}.  Audrey's been pulling a "I'm going to fuss and take at least an hour to settle down" act the past week.  I am attributing it to her daddy being gone and teething {because I refuse to believe my once easy-to-put-to-bed kiddo has become difficult}.  But last night she settled down within a half hour and slept through the night.  Yay!  Tonight, however, took her nearly an hour.  *sigh*

Clearly the plans I originally had for the first part of this week fell through.  I am really looking forward to having Doug home all next week.  I think he's even taking a couple of days off so that we can have some quality time together.  I am so excited.

Here's hoping the next two days go more smoothly than the start of our week.  I have been praying that Audrey doesn't get the flu too.  I don't think I'll breathe a sigh of relief until at least Friday, maybe Saturday.

No comments: