I was thinking recently, maybe I should change the url to my blog and not tell anyone. I don't really know (except literally a handful of people) that even read my blog and I started thinking - maybe it's too personal. Maybe I am sharing too much. Maybe I am just a boring nobody that has things to say that no one really cares about. Maybe I don't really want to be "out there" - available to strangers peering into my life.
When I first started my blog the thought of "heyyyy, I could be one of those cool bloggers that has like a million followers" may have crossed my mind, which was quickly followed with, "you're not that cool, Missy, get a grip!" It's not really about being cool, though, is it? It's about sharing your voice, your experiences, your take on life. And, honestly, I don't really care to be a "well known blogger" or to have someone else write about
my blog and draw attention to it. It really is just a place I can go to process through life and hopefully come away better for it. And it really is for my kid(s). Sure, it's random and weird and cynical and goofy and touching; but mostly, it's
honest. I don't have to be anyone but me (my thanks to Gavin DeGraw for that line).
In all honesty, I wonder sometimes if I come across as too serious. Too uptight (which, okay, I
can be. But only
sometimes.) In reality, I feel like I am pretty happy-go-lucky. And to prove it, I am attaching the most blackmail-worthy photos I have currently saved on my computer of who else? Yours truly.
 |
| It was cold and I wanted to document it. |
 |
| Gearing up for the high ropes course - oh yeah! |
 |
| Like you don't do this when you shop at Target... |
 |
| My most flattering look, I think. |
 |
| (Confession: I used to over-use the eyebrow pencil.) |
 |
| Well hello there. |
 |
| Totally not posing in this picture (ahahahaha). |
 |
| I had to include ONE cute picture (proof I can be normal). |
 |
| Stumbled upon this today (our first year as a married couple). |
Recently a co-worker resigned from her job at Caribou and on her last shift {working with me} she said, "Man, you finally open up and I get to see how funny you are and now I am leaving!". That pretty much sums it up. You just have to get to know me, then you'll love me! *grin*
5 comments:
Oh, Missy, don't change your URL! I like your blog and like reading about your life, even if I don't comment all the time (crazy voyeur lady here).
These pictures cracked me up! You are very funny. :)
Mis..
Wish I still had that picture of you that used to hang on my bedroom wall. Weren't you in an elevator? That was classic Missy:-)
love you
Shannon
p.s
I stalk your blog EVERY day...sometimes twice
I love your blog and pictures and everything about it. Don't change a thing! Love you, friend!
Thanks, ladies! You sure know how to make a girl feel loved. :)
Shan - you're right, it was in the elevator at our apartment. And I believe it was the day of or day before Doug and I got married. Good times! Can't say I am sad you misplaced it...that was a good one of me - NOT! :)
Post a Comment