I'm in a really weird mood tonight. Missing Doug. Feeling lonely. Wishing I had a friend to talk to {but I am out of my anytime minutes so that's not gonna happen}. On Monday night {despite my best - or not so best - efforts} I totally broke down and cried. Just a little. I don't do "alone" well. But tonight it got me thinking, it's not good to depend on someone else to the point of you're miserable when they are gone. I love Doug. I am crazy about him. I depend on him. But, it's not good when he is my whole world. {I don't like admitting that.}
Part of it is the whole stay-at-home mom aspect of my life right now. I wouldn't trade or change it for anything, but it means I spend {almost} 24/7 with a little 14 month old who cannot hold a coherent conversation. That gets old. Fast. I count on the breaks in the evening when Doug comes home and we co-parent. Eat dinner together. Give Audrey a bath. Put her to bed. Talk about our days. Relax and watch a little How I Met Your Mother {can I just say that I love instant Netflix?!}. Crawl into bed and whisper good-nights and I love yous. Then fall asleep curled up next to the one I love.
I guess the silver lining with Doug traveling for work is that it reminds me how very thankful I am for him. And how I really need to cherish the time we do have together. I can get so caught up in the little things that have no real importance. You know, "can't see the forest for the trees". Through a mutual friend on Facebook I stumbled upon a guy named Jeremy. He is fighting against cancer and other maladies. He is going up against a procedure that has a 20% chance of killing him {he'll die otherwise}. He has a wife and 3 young boys. He's currently writing each of them a letter {in the event that he does die} and he's having a hard time finding the words. I can't blame him. It makes me stop and think, "what am I doing with my life?". I want to be living more intentionally than I am, but I don't. I wish someone could shake me and make me realize that I can be living the way I want to be. I have a choice. {A daily reminder would be great.}
So this turned out to be kind of a melancholy post and possibly a little morbid. {I apologize.} Like I said, I am in a weird mood tonight. Tomorrow is a new day and, Lord willing, I will have another chance to make my life what I want it to be.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you're feeling lonely. I know the feeling. I would visit you, but Stella is coming down with something (cough, cold, plus she threw up this morning). Being a stay-at-home mom can be so challenging. It's worth it, but it's definitely isolating at times. I am dreading Brett being gone for 5 days next month. I will be praying for you as you miss Doug and don't have that co-parenting help in the evenings. That makes for a long day. Hugs to you!
Thank you, Sarah! Your words are encouraging and I appreciate your prayers. Hope Stella is feeling much better tonight!
Post a Comment