Doug and I met in January of 1997. We've known each other for a long time. We've grown a lot. Learned a lot. And I am so thankful that I can say, I love him more now than I did back then. We are not big celebrators of Valentine's Day {actually, we don't do
anything}. No flowers, no candy, no cards or presents, no fancy dinner out. And I am actually okay with this. When we were dating we were into flowers, teddy bears, heart-shaped chocolates, and homemade poems. But I guess once we got married I realized I already had what I wanted. I am loved and cared for. I have someone that takes care of me when I am sick. Listens to me when I need to vent. Gives me a shoulder to cry on. Acts as my voice of reason when I get carried away. Does the dishes after dinner. Believes in me. Encourages me. Tells me I am beautiful. Takes me to girly movies and sits through them because he knows it makes me happy. Tells me all he wants in the whole world is to see me
smile. See, he shows me his love in much grander ways than with a card or a poem or a piece of chocolate and I love that about him. About us.
{I may not have used those exact words, "I have everything I want"; but, I did tell him to stop buying me silly things that died or that I wouldn't eat, all for the sake of a made-up holiday. Yeah, I'm a low-maintenance kind of girl.}
1998 ~ Sadie Hawkins Dance
2001~ Senior Prom
2001 ~ {High School} Seniors
2002 ~ Before sophomore year {College}
2003 ~ End of sophomore year {College}
2004 ~ The summer we got engaged
October 2005 ~ Our wedding day :-)
July 2006 ~ At our friends {Sarah & Joe's} wedding
February 2007 ~ At my friend {Becky's} wedding
November 2008 ~ At my parents' house for Thanksgiving
July 2009 ~ At Doug's friend {Chris'} wedding
October 2010 ~ Preggo {w/Audrey} family pics
October 2010 ~ 33 weeks along w/Audrey
November 2011 ~ Thanksgiving
To my valentine: honey, I love you more with each passing year. Thank you for being you and making me feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. Happy valentine's day, baby!
1 comment:
It feels a little strange to comment on something so personal to you, but this was beautiful to read. In fact, I cried.
Post a Comment