Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

He's Home!

Doug called me once he landed on Friday.  At first I was kind of like, 'okay, no big deal' but as the minutes ticked away I felt myself getting anxious.  Ready to wrap my arms around him and feel his returned embrace.  Ready to co-parent again and get a little break.  Ready to be normal again.

Audrey and I {our dogs too} waited at the front door watching for when Doug pulled up in Grandpa's car {the dogs and Audrey recognize it and get very excited}; however, when Doug emerged all heck broke loose {so-to-speak}.  The dogs went wild and Audrey broke out into a huge smile, my heart leapt.  He's home!!!!

We enjoyed dinner and gave Audrey a bath and put her to bed; together.  I love that word.  Our niece, Kaity, came Friday night to spend the weekend with us.  Saturday I went to work as usual and got off early {yay!}.  All of us went out to eat at Don Pablo's for dinner and then over to the mall to look for shoes for Audrey.  I have been wanting to get her some shoes from Stride Rite.  They have a good reputation for quality shoes for early walkers.  I wanted to get her some sneakers that velcroed and I felt comfortable with her tromping around outside in; but, with soft/flexible soles.  We found a pair - I won't mention what they cost - but more than what I pay for most shoes for myself.  I will say though that with all of my foot problems/shoes not fitting, I would prefer to get her off on the right foot.  {Get it?  Ha.}  Audrey sampled her first cream popped smoothie {White Peach Berry} from Caribou and played a bit before we headed back home for the night.

Today we were in the nursery at church even though Audrey has another cold and I was fighting it off too.  There really are not too many kiddos to watch (2 including Audrey), but we have 3 babies due this year in our church {March, June, and September} - so fun times are a comin'.  :)  Doug is taking off tomorrow and Tuesday.  We have some fun things planned: Eagle's Nest in New Brighton and another family trip to The Children's Museum.  Can't wait!

No comments: