Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tuesday / Wednesday

Tuesday we all went to the Children's Museum again.  We ended up sleeping in a little bit late, but we figured we'd just roll with it {we were planning on getting up and going right after breakfast to make it back in time for lunch and Audrey's nap}.  I am realizing, however, that life doesn't have to abide by a set timetable and I would rather be flexible and actually do things than strict and cooped-up.  Plus, Audrey is getting to a certain age where she can handle getting off schedule a wee bit now and again.  Although I brought the camera, I didn't take any pictures.  We checked out the Habitot again, the Grossology exhibit, and The Way Things Work was a hit too.  *Side note: we encountered another bossy kid in the Habitot, but this time the mom was on top of it {good job, mom!}.

Wednesday Doug went back to work while Audrey and I made it to story-time at the library.  We've been missing about every other week or so the past month plus with us trading off being sick.  We actually made it early this week and were able to pick out some books and watch as other kiddos showed up.  Usually we get there a bit late and walk into a full room which results in Audrey sitting on my lap the whole time {not really participating}.  But this time she was all about getting up and around the room.  Checking out the other kiddos, the toys, dancing to the music, climbing, and her favorite was the itty bitty babe {a few weeks old, maybe} that came.  She stared for a long time at that little person.  I could just see the wheels {and questions} turning in her head.  It was pretty cute.  It really made me have a moment of, "I want to make Audrey a big sister and have another little one join our family" but then I remembered the horrible month we've had with all the sickness and lack of sleep and it brought me back to "nope, not yet".

After story-time my father-in-law met us and we all went to drop my car off for some auto-body repair at Heppner's Auto Body.  We have a connection through our church family - Ron Kinde (pronounced Kin-dee) and would highly recommend him!  The work is excellent and they are reputable people that you can trust to A) get you a good deal and B) be honest about what needs to be done.  Ron's brother actually did our pre-marital counseling before passing away from cancer {2 days before our wedding}.  Anywho, check them out if you ever need any work done.

Hopefully we can survive the rest of the week sans my car, but with Doug being home everything seems so much better.  {Big sigh of relief.}

No comments: