Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Audrey {15 Months}

This time last year we had a 3 month old.  We were back to sleeping through the night, I was settling in to life as a stay-at-home mom, and we were adjusting to our new role as parents.  With how fast everything is moving, it's definitely making me realize what's most important.  What can wait, what cannot.  It's been a challenging month for reasons explained here, and it's made me doubt myself and {if I was being honest} my ability to mother at times.  It's hard with Doug traveling as much as he has been, working part-time, and taking care of two dogs {one of which is pretty high maintenance}.  But I have been challenged to recognize my blessings instead of turning them into burdens and it helps that I have such an amazing partner who supports me unconditionally.  It also helps that he is an amazing father to Audrey.

Highlights from the past month include:
  • Audrey now clasps her hands when we pray and at the end she will say, "Aaaaaay-men!"
  • She loves dressing up {the frillier the better} and putting on/taking off her socks and shoes and boots!
  • Teething: she now has six teeth {four upper, two lower} all within four months!
  • Baths {and especially playing in the running water} are HUGE right now
  • Audrey loves running around in the nudie tudie {keeping it PG here people} =)
  • She is independent as ever and tantrums are in full swing; but, she is also more loving {kisses and hugs} and shows empathy / concern when one of us is "hurt"
  • A new obsession with books; she'll bring one over to us and say, "ead it" {read it}
  • Spitting!  She'll lean over spit and then play in it {definitely Doug's kid!}
  • Loving walks and playing outside {like she gets mad when we go inside sometimes} and exploring our local parks {there are so many!}
  • She is understanding questions and answers us non-verbally {you ask her where _____ is and she'll put her hands up like "I dunno" and then she'll go look for and find it}
  • She's a tough kid {our little bruiser} and shows little-to-no fear in situations that make me cringe and morph into protective mode




















Happy 15 months, Audrey!  We are so blessed to have you in our lives.  Mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back!

xoxo
Momma

***15 month check-up: March 27, 2012***

WEIGHT: 20lbs 8oz - 14th percentile
HEIGHT: 30 1/4" - 41st percentile
HEAD: 45.7 cm - 43rd percentile

[Just a little note about this post.  I had worked on it for a week, tweaking it, adding stuff, etc. and then accidentally deleted it today *poof* no trace of it left.  I was seriously contemplating a breakdown, but opted to walk away and try to recreate it later {i.e. right now}.  I don't think it's as good as the original and I probably left some stuff out, but I tried my best to remember what I really wanted to say about this past month.  I guess it's a true test of patience and resilience, eh?]

1 comment:

erin said...

Missy, I think this post is just fine! Audrey looks like such a LITTLE GIRL now - not a baby at all! Gosh, it goes by too quickly!

I'm sorry you're struggling with tantrums. We're not quite there yet with Katja, but I'm sure we'll be there soon. I have completely blanked out how I dealt with this before. I think I would just let Rowan cry? I DON"T KNOW! It's hard because you want them to be independent, but you also need to let them know that there are boundaries and rules.

Ugh. NO advice, just commiseration!