Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

New 'Do

On Tuesday {after our trip to the Children's Museum} I called up my salon and got an early afternoon appointment to have my hair dyed and bangs cut in {thanks to my sister-in-law for the Christmas giftcard}.  =)  I like to change my hair - not nearly as much as I used to - but I tend to grow it out then cut it short: repeat.  I had bangs a couple of years ago, but that was when my hair was super short {see first two pictures below} and they ended up growing out with the rest of my hair.  Then there is the issue of dying my hair.  When I was younger I did it all the time.  High-lights, low-lights, all over color, salon color, store-bought color from a box, you name it.  Then I kind of entered into a "it's vain and silly to spend so much on hair" and then came to the realization I like my natural color, nay I love it.  I am a fan of natural.  But in my early 20's I started seeing grey pop up {which I immediately plucked out}.  Slowly over the past few years more started showing up {and harder to pluck}, but I resolved to accept it.  My early grey.  Then I had Audrey and it exploded all over my head.  Do you know that grey hair has a different texture {think coarse and unmanageable}?  It's really been making me feel mom frumpish.  When I think grey hair, I think 50 and older.  I'm not even 30 yet!  I have been craving a new look but have put off dying it because, honestly, I am not a big fan of doing so for two reasons: it's high maintenance to keep up and expensive.  But...I am really happy with it, even if it takes more work to "do" my hair now and I can never make it look as good as when I leave the salon.  But, I digress.  The color is actually very close to my natural color, so hopefully when it starts growing out it will blend some for awhile before I decide {if/when} to go back and have it re-done.



 

The last two pictures are my favorite look so far.  I'm glad I tried out the other looks though, it's part of what makes life fun.  Right?  =)

1 comment: