Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

Her "Santa" gift was a baby bed that I found online at Wal-Mart (Target had it too, but it was more expensive}.  I knew she would love it since she is so into taking care of her baby and, well, her expression upon finding it on Christmas morning says it all.  She proceeded to walk up to it and said, "Nice bed!".  Haha.

 
 
 

We celebrated Christmas with my family last Saturday {the 22nd}; all of my siblings, my parents and my nieces & nephews gathered at my grandma's house here in Minneapolis.  Of course, whenever my family is involved {it seems} I forget my camera!  No pictures from that day, just memories.  :o(

We had a lazy morning, letting Audrey "discover" her Santa gift.  Then Doug and I got Chinese takeout for lunch {I love me some Chinese food} while Audrey napped.  After she got up we headed to my in-laws to celebrate with them.  They had a hard time not going all out for Audrey this year too.  ;o)  She is one blessed and loved little girl!  She'll have so much fun stuff to share with her little sister. 

Among the hits of the evening: a rocking chair {that Grandma made a cushion for}, a wooden train set, homemade dresses & diapers for her dolly and a toy broom {she loves, loves, loves helping me "clean up"}.  Doug and I were a bit spoiled as well...it's humbling getting gifts {I would much rather give}, but nonetheless, I am truly thankful for my many blessings.  And for our families.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: