Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Dear Audrey {2 years}

Dearest Audrey,

In some ways this past year has flown by.  You have grown and changed so much, it's amazing to think of where we started.  Though this year has been met with some challenges {hello "terrible twos"} I do not for one second regret bringing you into this world.  Into our lives.  You have brightened places in me I didn't even know needed light.  You remain a constant source of joy and blessing.  You amaze me in some way each and every day. 

Something that daddy and I started {actually, I think daddy started it and I caught on...} quite a while ago was repeating simple statements to you that I hope will help you to see how full of worth you are.  How much you are loved and valued not only by us, but by so many.  You are so special, sweet Audrey, and we love you dearly.

Audrey is kind.  Audrey is smart.  Audrey is pretty.  Audrey is funny.  Audrey is loving.  Audrey is sweet.

In fact, you are the reason we wanted more children.  And now, you'll have a little sister this spring and you're going to love her, I know you are.  We picked out a name and you've learned it for the most part.  You were eating a snack one day and you leaned over with some in your hand and said, "here _____ " {you actually used her name, but I am not ready to reveal it on here just yet}.  Already taking care of her and helping your mommy out.  Such a big girl!

You are so helpful {you love to clean up "messes"} and compassionate.  I had a minor breakdown one day {silly pregnancy hormones} and was just sobbing, you of course were upset by this, but you had to give mommy hugs and kisses and wipe my tears away.  You are loving.  You are independent.  You're really good at saying, "thank you" and most of the time you remember to say, "please".  You are getting so good at communicating with us.  On another day you wanted me to sit on the floor {I was sitting on the couch} and I said, "mommy is tired and wants to take a nap".  You came over and said, "I'll help you" and proceeded to fluff the pillows, help me lay down, then climbed up on the couch and covered me with a blanket and with your little face inches from mine you put your finger to your lips and said, "shhh, mommy sleep" and went about playing.

I love sneaking peeks at you and daddy together.  Bath time.  Bed time.  Reading stories.  Wrestling on the floor.  Chasing each other around.  Laughing.  I have taught you the word "snarly" in reference to your hair after a good night's sleep...but daddy calls them "birdies" and you tell him, "birdies, out!".  It's so precious, the two of you.

I know there is more that I could say, but my mind is forgetful these days.  You have so many interests and passions.  I love how much you love people.  You are so incredibly social.  Your daddy and I still sit amazed, wondering where you got that from.  I love how active you are.  So energetic and full of life.  You love Super Why!, Barney, Curious George, Thomas, VeggieTales...puzzles and books, coloring and painting, taking care of your baby and making stuff in your kitchen, your new wooden train set and playing with little matchbox cars.  You love peanut butter and honey sandwiches, cheese, apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, noodles, cookies and chocolate!  SAUSAGE!!  Lima beans, peas, corn, green beans and the occasional spinach salad.  :o)  For the most part, you're a really good eater.

You can say our mealtime prayer by yourself now, God is great, God is good...thank you for our food.  Amen!  You love going to church and you will burst out in song at different times.  Songs you have learned at home and songs you have learned at Sunday school and it makes my heart so happy.  I pray you'll know Jesus from a young age, because He can truly give you peace in the midst of all the heartache and hurt in this world.  I hope that I am an example of that peace.  Not perfect, mind you...but a work in progress.

I love you, sweet daughter.  You are one of mommy's biggest blessings and I hope when we snuggle and giggle and I whisper I love you, you know it and feel it in the depth of your being.


 Here's to another year together!

Love,
Momma
xoxox

No comments: