Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holidazzle & Macy's Santaland

We bundled up tonight and headed out to the Holidazzle parade & Macy's Santaland.  Earlier in the holiday season Doug and Audrey caught a small glimpse of the parade on television and, I hear, Audrey was pretty excited about it.

With Doug's sister in town, we invited the The Fisher's to join us.  We arrived downtown around 6 p.m. {parade started at 6:30 p.m.} and tried hitting up Santaland first.  There was at least a 35 minute wait, so we opted to head back down to the parade so we wouldn't miss the start.  It was crowded {I am not one for crowds} and cold {I am not one for standing out in the cold} and I was stuck at the back of everyone so I couldn't see {I am the shortest person ever...okay that may not be true, but I am short}.  The parade started a little late, but once it got going, it did not disappoint {from Audrey's perspective, I still couldn't really see much}.  She lasted nearly a half hour into the parade before she said she was "done" and wanted to go "inside".  Her little nose was so red!

Since it was still relatively early, we headed back up to Santaland and got right in!  That was also a delight and Audrey really enjoyed it.  I am glad we decided to do it this year.  Audrey is at such a fun age where stuff like this is actually worth going to!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: