We celebrated as a little family tonight. Doug had to work today, but he got home around 4 p.m. and we quickly got dressed for the 5 p.m. Christmas Eve service. It was a beautiful service and always ends by a candlelit rendition of Silent Night. Audrey got a bit bored during it, so she hung out in the nursery with our friend, Jed and his two grandkids. When we got home we had some chili and then opened gifts! It was really hard not to go all out this year for Audrey. One, she is at such a fantastic age where she has so many interests and passions. And two, with my working it was financially easier to splurge a bit more than last year. Audrey and I even surprised daddy with a few gifts that he had been talking about for awhile.
Doug also surprised me! I have had my eye on a Coach purse since last March...if you know me, you know I am not one to splurge on expensive {name brand or otherwise} items. But, nonetheless, I had been drooling over this purse for months and months and he gave me permission to buy it {it's an "older" style and therefore only available online} since I handle all the finances, he had no way of buying it without me knowing. Ha!
We are very, very blessed and even if you took away all the presents and decorations, we would be very rich indeed! We hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment