Audrey and I went to Como Zoo for [Audrey's] first time today. It was a gorgeous day (high 70s and sunny with a slight breeze). I kind of wish I lived in a place where days like today are the norm. We were supposed to meet up with our friends Emily and Livi at noon, but as it usually goes with a baby...we didn't end up leaving our house until 12:30. Then parking was atrocious (why didn't I know this beforehand?) and we didn't actually walk into the zoo until 1:15ish. We walked around for about 40 minutes before meeting up with our friends. Audrey and I checked out the primates (the spider monkeys were my favorite and I am pretty sure Audrey only cared about the other kiddos walking around), bears, giraffes, seals, ostriches, zebras, some weird birds and tried to look at the "cats" but they must have been sleeping in a cave somewhere.
Bears "playing"
Giraffe
Ostriches
Random birds with the Zebras
Audrey's "serious" face
We're ready to roll!
A little photo op
Checking out the Giraffe
I think about all the "firsts" that lay ahead and I am so pumped to be able to walk alongside this precious girl and experience them with her. Even though she didn't really "get" the zoo it was fun getting out of the house and as I've said before, Audrey is ALWAYS up for people watching. I am just going to assume that someday she'll get the animal watching too. :o)








2 comments:
It was good to meet you today! Audrey is a cutie (and seriously, Audrey was a frontrunner on our name-list... we were so close! As was Olivia--geez, all the good names are getting taken). I hope Maya can play with Audrey again--perhaps, you know, unstrapped and unfettered.
Best,
Molly
It was so nice to meet you too! Hope we can get the girls together for some play time soon. :)
Post a Comment